Tuesday, April 8, 2014

MY PREMATURE 2015 OSCAR PREDICTIONS

After seeing several sites already discussing the prospects of next year's Oscars I too decided to get an early start with my predictions. Here I share my best guesses for Best Picture, Best Achievement in Directing, Best Actor and Best Actress, including who I think is going to ultimately win in each category:




Below is the full list of my 2015 Oscar nominee predictions (with the winners highlighted in red) for said "major" categories:


BEST PICTURE
Big Eyes
Foxcatcher
Gone Girl
The Grand Budapest Hotel
The Imitation Game
Inherent Vice
Into the Wood
Interstellar
Knight of Cups
Unbroken


BEST DIRECTOR
Angelina Jolie, Unbroken
David Fincher, Gone Girl
P.T. Anderson, Inherent Vice
Interstellar, Christopher Nolan
Wes Anderson, The Grand Budapest Hotel


BEST ACTOR
Benedict Cumberbatch, The Imitation Game
Jack O'Connell, Unbroken
Joaquin Phoenix, Inherent Vice
Matthew McConaughey, Interstellar
Steve Carell, Foxcatcher


BEST ACTRESS
Amy Adams, Big Eyes
Meryl Streep, Into the Woods
Nicole Kidman, Grace of Monaco
Resse Witherspoon, Wild
Rosamund Pike, Gone Girl

Only one of these films have been released at this point (The Grand Budapest Hotel) so obviously it is too early to tell. Any one of these other films could come out and be an utter flop or critical disaster. Still, I find it fun to predict what is going to appeal to the Academy in ten months' time. These are my educated guesses based on what I know about each film and what I know about the (mostly) men and (few) women who will be voting on them. What do you think of these picks? Please speak your mind and make some bold prophecies of your own in the comments below!

No comments: