Monday, October 21, 2013

THE RING - REVIEW (31 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN #21)

In addition to my personal 31 Days of Horror (movie marathon) I am part of a 31 Days of Halloween (horror movie review series) with my job at MOVIECLIPS. Each day during the month of October we are going to post a two-man conversation/review of a different horror movie. Yours truly will be featured in a few of these. Today Zack and Emily reviewed The Ring:


Truth be told, I've never seen the The Ring (nor it's Japanese predecessor!) - at least not in an active viewing that I'd consider for The Film Tome's needs. It was on at a high school shin-dig at somebody's house, but boy, that's a terrible way to watch a movie when impressing the people you're sitting with is more important than what's onscreen. Uh, how did we get here? The tape in The Ring (this movie within a movie territory it charters) is something I have seen and salute. It's creepy stuff that Buñuel and Lynch would probably love to discuss over hors d'oeuvre. I'm a fan of Gore Verbinski, so I look forward to seeing this one after I have first seen Ringu.

No comments: