Sunday, October 6, 2013

THE LOST BOYS - REVIEW (31 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN #5)

In addition to my personal 31 Days of Horror (movie marathon) I am part of a 31 Days of Halloween (horror movie review series) with my job at MOVIECLIPS. Each day during the month of October we are going to post a two-man conversation/review of a different horror movie. Yours truly will be featured in a few of these. Here's Ryan and Jessica reviewing The Lost Boys:



(Curator's Note: On the horror reviews I did not sit in on I am going to be offering "My Take" if I have seen the film in question.)


My Take: It's been years since I've seen any of The Lost Boys and I'm certain I've never seen the whole film in its entirety so I'll stop talking about it in a sec. It's one of the films that was often on TV in my childhood recollection. If I was go into my memories (Eternal Sunshine-style) it would certainly be on one of the channels you could flip through. I didn't know at the time but I was getting a taste of the decade I was born in but oblivious to. I was also getting a glimpse of a cult film and a genre-bender, long before I knew what those terms were or meant. For these reasons and more I look forward to giving it an active watch.

No comments: