Thursday, October 17, 2013

PARANORMAN - REVIEW (31 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN #14)

In addition to my personal 31 Days of Horror (movie marathon) I am part of a 31 Days of Halloween (horror movie review series) with my job at MOVIECLIPS. Each day during the month of October we are going to post a two-man conversation/review of a different horror movie. Yours truly will be featured in a few of these. This time Jimmy and Sam review Laika Entertainment's ParaNorman:


(Curator's Note: On the horror reviews I did not sit in on I am going to be offering "My Take" if I have seen the film in question.)


My Take: So it's not a horror film per se, but for the most part this ghoulish film fits the bill. It's a gorgeously stop-motion-animated film that proves no one studio reigns supreme and that Laika can compete with the best of them after putting in the excruciating work. ParaNorman is like The Sixth Sense meets Monster House and while it starts off without a hitch the contrivances of the plot really took a toll on my one and only viewing of it. Believe it or not, I actually prefer last year's Frankenweenie.

★★★½

No comments: