Sunday, October 20, 2013

DAWN OF THE DEAD - REVIEW (31 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN #19)

In addition to my personal 31 Days of Horror (movie marathon) I am part of a 31 Days of Halloween (horror movie review series) with my job at MOVIECLIPS. Each day during the month of October we are going to post a two-man conversation/review of a different horror movie. Yours truly will be featured in a few of these. Yesterday Ryan and Zack discussed the remake of Dawn of the Dead


(Curator's Note: On the horror reviews I did not sit in on I am going to be offering "My Take" if I have seen the film in question.)


My Take: I really do love this film and it's still (easily) the best of Zack Snyder's films that I've seen, and his directorial debut at that. Hearing that they were going to remake the George A. Romero classic would sound like a bad, even heretic, idea to any who care about the horror genre, but Snyder and company brought the "zombie apocalypse survivors holed up in a mall" scenario to the 21st Century in a better way than we could have predicted. I've previously dissected the film's incredible opening credit sequence. That was the first sign we had a new sub-genre classic on our hands.

★★★★½

No comments: