Sunday, October 20, 2013

CLASSIC TRAILER ROUND-UP: HÄXAN: WITCHCRAFT THROUGH THE AGES



Curator's Note: As part of my job for MOVIECLIPS I help curate the Old Hollywood Trailers channel on YouTube. It's meant to be a source for trailers before the online HD video revolution of recent years. While there's still a load of 21st Century offerings there's a rich archive of earlier films which we only hope to further expand. Throughout the month of October I'm exclusively looking to upload trailers for horror movies new and old.


After you get over the shock that this is a film made over 90 years ago you can't help but lose your breath again at the imagery on display.  It's clearly a preview made after the fact (apologies, I do not know the origin of this "trailer") and the music fits more in the editing than it does to the overall tone of the content, but I couldn't more excited, scared and scarred to have this film be part of my 31 Days of Horror. The graphic and haunting images are all that's needed to hearken the horror fans and warn anyone else.

No comments: