Monday, October 7, 2013

31 DAYS OF HORROR: WEEK 2 LINE-UP


Tonight I enter my second week of the 31 Days of Horror with the Thai film Shutter, which comes highly recommended by my wife. Click here for more details regarding this young tradition and my preparation for this marathon month. This week is entirely dedicated to Asian horror films. You can see last week's line-up if you want to get caught up or are just interested in the proceedings thus far.

Here's what this week's schedule looks like (I've listed the country for each Asian horror pick and if/where the title is available to stream online):

October 7th - Shutter, Thailand (Hulu Plus)
October 8th - Ju-On: The Grudge, Japan (Netflix Instant)
October 9th - The Road, Philippines (Netflix Instant)
October 10th - Tetsuo: The Bullet Man, Japan (Netflix Instant until 10/28/13) 
October 11th - Antarctic Journal, South Korea (Netflix Instant)
October 12th - The Sinners of Hell (Jigoku), Japan (Hulu Plus)
October 13th - Kwaidan, Japan (Hulu Plus)

(Curator's Note: This line-up and marathon is subject to change based on title availability or unforeseen circumstances.)

I'll fill you in on next week's line-up on Monday, October 14th. Until then, "Follow" me on Twitter or "Like" The Film Tome on Facebook to get daily updates on the marathon. Or, better yet, if all goes as planned you should be able to find reviews for each title the day after right here on The Film Tome.

Thanks for looking into the 31 Days of Horror. I invite you to play along, whether partially or fully. Also, it's not too late to suggest or recommend a horror film I should add to one of the line-up. Feel free to do so in the comments below.

Don't forget to turn off the lights.

No comments: