Friday, August 9, 2013

TRAILER ROUND-UP: THE HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG

Curator's Note: It's been a few weeks since my last official Herd in the Trailer Round-Up. It's certainly not due to lack of trailers, that I assure you. In fact, it feels like there's been more trailers released in the last month than any previous month in our world's history (that might be true by the way), but that's probably due to my full-time job as trailer uploader at MOVIECLIPS. It's ironic then that since acquiring this position that my servitude on the Trailer Round-Up front has been more than lacking. I'm keeping tabs on trailers of all sorts more than ever before in my life, but after doing that 8 hours a day I'm not always as eager to come home only to watch more or otherwise write about them. Nonetheless, I've got several trailers in the corral, even more scoped out on the open range, and I'm committed to bring 'em on home to the Movie Ranch. (Please permit the stretching of this whole herding metaphor...) In addition to future Herds I'm going to also dedicate separate posts to any Instant Trailer Review that I've been able to be join in on as part of my work. I'm kicking this off with the first Trailer Review I sat in on nearly two months ago, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.



The first trailer for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug landed to a roar of fanboys across the internet, I consider myself one such one. The adventure continues right where we left off and shows us glimpses of every eventful moment from Beorn's place (he's the shape-shifting woodsman) to the Lonely Mountain itself (their destination from the very beginning). Along the way we see the likes of Orlando Bloom reprising his role of Legolas from the original trilogy. Question: Why do the visual effects here fair worse than the films that came a decade ago? I still can't wrap my mind around that, but that's not going to stop me from being there opening weekend. This is after all the continued adaptation of what is my most beloved story. Smaug's Desolation can be felt around the world come December 13th.

No comments: